Young Learners - Accommodation, travel and leisure
Leisure and excursions
- Outdoor sports, e.g. football, rounders and volleyball
- Scottish activities such as ceilidh dancing and Scottish parties
- Edinburgh city sightseeing trips, e.g. Edinburgh Castle, Dynamic Earth and Camera Obscura
- Museum and gallery trips
- Local walks to destinations such as Arthur’s Seat and the Botanic Gardens
- Ensemble of activities such as Clan Highland Games, Fashion Shows and many other fun events.
In the evenings there are activities every night for those students on residential courses and three nights per week for students staying with host families. Evening activities include lively entertainment, from supervised discos to Scottish evenings and treasure hunts. All students go on a full day excursion on Saturdays and residential students also enjoy a half-day outing on Sunday.
- Glasgow and the Kelvingrove Museum
- Loch Lomond — take a boat cruise along one of our most famous lochs
- Stirling and the Wallace Monument — visit the real Braveheart country
Transfers for Young Learners are arranged by Edinburgh School of English on standard dates and times. Outside of standard times a private transfer service is available. Standard arrival times:
Please note: Airport transfer is compulsory for Young Learners, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian