Added to Cart View Cart or Continue Shopping.
25 hours per week
Courses commence each Monday with arrival to the homestay (if applicable) on the Sunday. Departure from homestay is on the Saturday following the end of the course.
Note Taking Skills
- Practice in taking notes and using notes to summarise listenings.
Skimming and scanning skills
- Search for a main topic, topic sentences, supporting details and concluding thoughts.
- Scanning for pertinent data such as names, dates, numbers etc.
Summarising and paraphrasing
- Students write 3 or 4 sentence summaries of a short passage.
- Students must paraphrase a set of sentences in their own words.
- Students practise identifying information and data from charts and graphs.
- The use of the mind map to plan a piece of writing.
- Use of mind maps to plan the introduction to an essay.
- Developing the body of the essay.
- Understanding the importance of the controlling idea.
Polishing skills for the writing task and the speaking tasks
- Essay writing skills - checklist.
- Speaking test - final practice.
Included in the course
- Course lessons
- Use of course materials
- Use of school facilities, including tea and coffee
- End of course certificate